Feathers in the Wind (2005)
7pm, April 12, 2012
Hyeon-seong is a film director struggling to write a new screenplay, he decides to return to a remote southern island he stayed on 10 years earlier in order to fulfil a promise he made with his girlfriend at the time. As he waits on the secluded island to see if the promise will also be kept by his now ex-girlfriend, he gets to know an oddly charming young motel operator So-yeon.
According to this survey Japanese men consider the following behaviours/traits very important factors in a girlfriend…
1. She links arms with you
2. She makes you bento (lunch box)
3. She does her best to help out in your daily life
4. She asks “Do you love me?”
5. She always spends the weekend with you
6. She asks “What were you doing?” if you don’t see her for a day
7. She wants to accompany you everywhere
8. She cleans your room for you
9. She does her best to match her hobbies to yours
10. She’s jealous of your last girlfriend
Personally, I find all 10 behaviours/traits very annoying and I would not last very long with a girl that matches most of them. Do you agree with me or with Japanese men?
The post on the Japanese Language Proficiency Test published few days ago reminded me of what I had planned before the beginning of the year as part of my New Year’s Resolution, learn Japanese. Well… let me tell you that, as usual, after a good start I kind of stopped studying the language. The Japanese girl I’ve been dating is trying to push me to study and is happy to help me but I think that it wouldn’t work, I want a girlfriend not a teacher. I need to find a way of keeping myself motivated. Any ideas?